[Wine] Re: Amnesia - The Decent running very choppy

Creddeus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 8 20:06:29 CST 2011

Alright. I tried out the demo and it was just as choppy trying to run it on Wine. I tried messing with the graphical options and the one thing that really made a big difference was turning off SSAO. I'm not sure what that is but it lessened the choppiness from ridiculously unbearable to close to playable. Haha. Also when I hit the "detect" button under the general tab it said "card is not listed, assuming medium settings." The other graphical options I tried made it run a little faster but it was still just as choppy.

Based on that, I'd assume that it has to do with Ubuntu not recognizing my graphics card. I'm not sure. What do you think?