[Wine] Re: Amnesia - The Decent running very choppy

Creddeus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 9 14:44:36 CST 2011

I tried lsmod and NVIDIA was listed there and I tried the NVIDIA control panel and that worked.

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I'm not sure what my driver is but I looked up configuration for NVIDIA graphics cards on Ubuntu documentation (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia) and it said:

"By default Ubuntu will use the open source video driver called Nouveau for your NVIDIA graphics card. This driver lacks support for 3D acceleration and may not work with the very latest video cards or technologies from NVIDIA.
An alternative to Nouveau is to use the closed source unified NVIDIA drivers which are being provided by NVIDIA themselves. This driver provides excellent 3D acceleration and video card support."

I followed the instructions it gave but when I went back into additional drivers it said: "This driver is activated but not currently in use"
That's the problem we had before and I think it is because Ubuntu wants to use Nouveau instead of the other driver.