[Wine] Re: Wine Doesn't Load Anything?

khoraski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 12 08:44:59 CST 2011

tparker wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 09:53 PM, khoraski wrote:
>
> > It wouldn't load Synthasia, so I tried a couple other softwares, all wouldn't work. So then I tried running Notepad with Wine and it still didn't work!
> >
> > I don't know what's wrong. It's not giving me an error, it's just not doing anything at all.
> >

> Pick a program and run it from command line. That should give you some
> kind of error message when it fails. If you post that output to the list
> it will give people a starting point to help you track down down the
> problem.

Synthesia gave me:

Code:
jason at jason-laptop:~/Desktop/Synthesia-0.8.2$ wine Synthesia.exe
src\main.cpp:370: Starting main()
src\main.cpp:373: Initializing user settings system
src\main.cpp:376: Retrieving log filename
src\main.cpp:381: log filename: C:\users\jason\Application Data\Synthesia\log.txt
src\main.cpp:382: Constructing dynamic portion of popup error box message
src\main.cpp:386: Initializing logger
src\main.cpp:391: Should be the end of the console output.  Check log file from here...
src\main.cpp:393: Initializing simple settings system
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:d3d_caps:select_card_intel_mesa Card selection not handled for Mesa Intel driver
fixme:d3d_caps:init_driver_info Unhandled vendor 8086.
fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpScanMemory
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open

Notepad gave me:

Code:
jason at jason-laptop:~/Desktop$ wine notepad.exe
Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
err:process:create_process starting 64-bit process L"Z:\\home\\jason\\Desktop\\notepad.exe" not supported on this environment
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\jason\Desktop\notepad.exe