[Wine] Re: SWOTR - Nov.11/2011 Beta results

txclimbr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 12 18:28:22 CST 2011

I have been trying to get the SW:TOR loader to function in wine 1.3, on linux mint 9 most of the day it loads into wine just fine, but everytime i mouse over the SW:TOR loader it disappears. I have had WoW running in wine years ago.

In winecfg i have the graphics settings as follows:
 Automatically capture mouse - checked
 Allow the window manager to decorate the windows - checked
 Allow the window manager to control the windows - checked

These are just the settings they are on currently i have tried all combinations of configurations with these settings.

Direct 3d vertex shader support is using Hardware
Allow Pixel SHader is checked..

Also i went through and loaded Directx9 in wine in an attempt to get the SW:TOR loader stable as well.

Im pretty much about to give up on this as i have my windows laptop downloading the beta tester now, but i would much rather play this on my desktop.

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks :)