[Wine] [ubuntu 11.10] Wow with low fps

Zettaichi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 12 22:55:57 CST 2011

I have done some research and I haven't found any other answer but the following:

> Tweak #1
>
> The following from http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5606 , a simple registry edit for Wine that dramatically increases the framerate in game for both ATi and nVidia users (reportedly, I have only verified with nVidia using Wine 0.9.22):
>
> Code:
> regedit
> Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\
>
> Highlight the wine folder in the left hand pane by clicking left on it. The icon should change to an open folder
>
> Click right on the wine folder and select [NEW] then [KEY]
>
> Replace the text "New Key #1" with OpenGL
>
> Click right in the right hand pane and select [NEW] then [String Value]
>
> Replace "New Value #1" with "DisabledExtensions"
> (Notice it's case sensitive)
>
> Then double click anywhere on the line, a dialog box will open.
> In the value field type "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object" (without the quotes).

The only problem I have is that is not really helping the frames (running between 6-18 outside of main city).
Is there anything else I have to look into? in win7 i was getting 60 fps no matter what.

My system is a intel i7 950 3.06Ghz, AMD Radeon HD 6950 and using ubuntu 11.10 64bit.
[/code][/quote]