[Wine] Optical Drive is not recognized by wine

PhillipZiesemer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 13 15:34:54 CST 2011

I just installed Wine ver. 1.2.2 on a Ubuntu 10.10 powered laptop HP dv6000. Linux sees the optical drive but Wine does not offer it as a source for installing the software. I copied the contents of a Photoshop installation disk to the hard drive and started a wine install but the installation was stopped when I could not provide an earlier version of the software by the CD/DVD drive (the new PS is an up-grade version and needs to confirm the prior version's serial number). As a new user, I may be missing something, or, has Wine missed something? Any suggestions on a fix?