[Wine] Re: Uploading videos to Bugzilla and AppDB

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 14 20:09:38 CST 2011

tparker wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 02:37 PM, fernandocarvalho wrote:
>
> > This would help people share their problems and findings more properly.
> >

> I'm sure there are some times it could be useful, but in general I think
> video is not the best choice for sharing information. It is much slower
> that simply reading a posted error or chunk of code. I'm not saying it's
> a bad idea, I just think people will get faster responses with written
> information than they would with a video.

I would like to counter that using visuals is much better than reading and trying to understand what people are trying to convey.  However, they are bandwidth intensive and use up much storage space so they should be high quality and complete/concise.  The final decision would be up to the site hosts, not simply one or two administrators.