[Wine] Re: OpenGL issues on OSX (wine 1.3.21)

chyman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 14 21:18:52 CST 2011

Thank you for your kind hints and comments.

I also feel that the reason may lie in an interaction mismatch between Wine's OpenGL and XQuartz. Running the XQuartz OpenGL test "glxgears" works fine and delivers good performance.

A reboot as suggested by James didn't help the issue unfortunately.

I tried to use Wine's virtual desktop feature, but there was no change in the behavior. Thanks for this hint.

I also saw the issue over at http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/512, but I was unsure how related that is to mine, because my crashes are not random at all...

Perhaps I try a downgrade to XQuartz 2.6.3

I hope that both teams, the Wine team and the XQuartz team, get the change to probably coordinate on this interface a little to have have Wine with OS X be the same stable as with Linux...

Thanks,
Chyman