[Wine] No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:01:23 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM, JontomXire <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> You are awesome.
>
> I am definitely going to give that sound thing one last go, even if just for the experience, etc. etc.
>
> When your guide says:
>
>    or manually edit the registry of your wineprefix
>
> What is my "wineprefix"? Also when it says:
>
>    WINEPREFIX="your prefix path here" regedit alsareg.reg
>
> What is my prefix path?
>
> Normally to run Wine's regedit I just type:
>
>    wine regedit

that just edits the registry in ~/.wine  You can have a ton of
Wineprefix's that allow you to edit the registry among other things
that maybe specific to the type of program you are running.  For me I
have:

.wineWow
.wineStarCraft2
.wineSteam
.wineSteamwithSpecialsforcertaingames
etc

so if you only use ~/.wine than you can just  regedit alsareg.reg

but if you want diff wineprefixes to test so if it does mess up your
not messing up the prefix for your other games, you can do:

WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wineTestingSound" regedit alsareg.reg

I hope I explained this well.  I tend to not articulate what I mean
very well at times.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell