[Wine] Re: problem with DNS in wine - need help

mishab wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 19 09:23:17 CST 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM, mishab <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> If you do, it will have to be against your Linux distribution.  Or you
> could try building the 64 bit version of Wine.  Realize that it does
> have some shortcomings.
>
> James

Hi James,

the actual problem is that my Linux distribution is 32 bit while the lib32nss-mdns is only for 64 bit kernel architectures. in the 32 bit kernel it is only called as libnss-mdns.
So I can open it against my Linux distribution as it seems that nothing is wrong with it, it is wine that is suspected that needs explicitly lib32nss-mdns even if run from 32 bit kernel.

 I do suspect that this is a problem in Wine, but I will try to change my kernel to 64 bit and after that to try and run the 32 bit wine over it (the 64 bit kernel version should have the lib32nss-mdns for the sake of 32 bit applications like wine).

Any other suggestions are welcome.

thanks
Misha