[Wine] Re: No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

JontomXire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 20 07:17:29 CST 2011

Ok, some more questions I'm afraid.

When your other post about pulse duplex says "pcm "hw:0" #Or whatever your card # is " how do i find out what my card is.

Also when it says "Open winecfg go to audio tab and make sure Alsa is checked and Emulation is selected" on the audio tab of my winecfg there is no check box to select Alsa, and nowhere to select "Emulation". It says "Selected driver: winealsa.drv" and allows me to select the device to use for output and input but that's it.

Lastly, under Kubuntu 10.04 LTS, I found under "System Settings-> MultiMedia" a dialogue that allows me to prioritise devices to use. It also has a "backend" tab to prioritise back ends. The only one listed is "Xine". So now I'm confused. Am I not using PulseAudio then? I thought that was the default. What is this Xine? I've never heard of it before.