[Wine] problem with DNS in wine - need help

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 08:46:38 CST 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 8:23 AM, mishab <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> jjmckenzie wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM, mishab <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> If you do, it will have to be against your Linux distribution.  Or you
>> could try building the 64 bit version of Wine.  Realize that it does
>> have some shortcomings.
>>
>> James
>

> Hi James,
>
> the actual problem is that my Linux distribution is 32 bit while the lib32nss-mdns is only for 64 bit kernel architectures. in the 32 bit kernel it is only called as
> libnss-mdns.
> So I can open it against my Linux distribution as it seems that nothing is wrong with it, it is wine that is suspected that needs explicitly lib32nss-mdns even if
> run from 32 bit kernel.

I don't know why the 32 bit version of Wine, running on a 32 bit
system would be looking for the 32 bit version of libnss-mdns.  Maybe
one of the other folks here can state why  It is possible, however,
that the 32 bit version of Wine for Gentoo was built on a 64 bit
system and that is what is causing the error.

James