[Wine] Re: No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

JontomXire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 21 03:37:32 CST 2011

I found that "pulseaudio" wasn't even installed, just the client libraries. So I installed it. Along with it came something called "pactl" which lists all sinks and sources. When I did this, it listed all sources and sinks as suspended, and trying to use pactl  to un-suspend them as per the man page failed silently.

I also found that Mangler stopped working, so ran it with "padsp" for Pulse OSS emulation (as I read elsewhere) and that got me back to the same behaviour as previously.

I don't think I have OSS installed, so I'm really not sure how Mangler worked before.

In summary, I don't really know what sound servers I have installed, what sound servers I need to have installed, or what basic configuration I probably ought to have and don't.

I'd appreciate it if you could list me some commands to run to get a full dump of info that I could then post here so you can see what my system has and then advise as to what needs to be removed or what commands I might need to run to get the system into a basic "blank" setup state that I need to be in before setting up Pulse duplex.

Thanks for all your time and help on this. I really appreciate it.