[Wine] No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:22:13 CST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 7:11 AM, JontomXire <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> dardack wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:02 AM, JontomXire <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>

>> > I'm feeling quite depressed by this whole saga. I'm considering getting an NVIDIA GT440 graphics card (which supports DirectX 11) and is relatively cheap. The cheapest GTX card I can get is the one I bought two of for my other PC and costs more than twice as much. Costs are:
>> >
>> > NVIDIA GT 440 - £43
>> > NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti - £105
>> >

>> Personally Look at the 460.  The x60+ are the better cards.  Where 60
>> is a ton of bang for buck IMO.  I got 2 460's for $190.
>>

> Do you mean GTX460? I can only see a GTX 460.
>
> My other PC has twin GTX 550s,a nd looking at the spec they look better. Faster clock speeds and one or two more features. They are also 2/3 the price:
>
> GTX460: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx460fermiseries/gv-n460oc-1gi.html
> GTX550: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx550tifermiseries/90-c1cqf0-l0uay0yz.html
>
> And for comparison, GT440: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagt440fermiseries/engt440di1gd3.html
>
> I'd swear the price on the latter was around £40 the other day, but it's over £60 now!

OK, yes 550 is less then 460 (yes I mean GTX, don't get gts/gt for
gaming anyways).  But it's not better.  At least all previous it was
the x60 that went up in performance by tons compared to the x50.  And
I believe the GFLOPS is better on the 460 compared to 550.  Also the
bit for the 550 is only 192 and the 460 is 256.  And the 550 is
cheaper then 460 because it's not as good when you get down to how it
actually runs AFAIK.  I could be wrong, but since the 200 series the
x50 has been worse then the previous gens x60 in terms of performance.

Now looking at UK websites.  Damn you guys getting ripped off.  Or
maybe it's shipping.  But I got 2 gtx 460's on sale with $30 mail in
rebate for under $100 total cost each.  Which is like 64 pounds or
something.  I mean I just looked newegg, think you can get 1 for $140
which is like 89 pounds.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell