[Wine] Gothic 3 - problem with start menu

Hartmut Figge h.figge at gmx.de
Mon Nov 21 15:14:04 CST 2011

Hartmut Figge:

>I could provide a full log taken with 2>&1 | tee g3_log.txt if that
>would be helpful. At the end of that file there is a loop in which
>displaying the start menu is tried over and over again. Two times of
>that loop should be enough and i have cut out the remainder.

I have received a PM asking for that, but this message has not appeared
at gmane yet. Hm. Well, then i will answer to my own message.

Gothic 3 was started so: cd in the directory where Gothic3.exe resides
and then issuing 'wine Gothic3.exe 2>&1 | tee ~/g3_log.txt. This file
and possibly later more of them can be found here:

http://www.triffids.de/pub/wine/gothic_3/

The game was terminated by issuing 'wineserver -k' in another xterm.

The following patch was applied to Gothic 3:
Gothic_3_Community_Patch_v174_Int_Full

Without this patch Gothic 3 crashes immediately on wine. AFAIR *g*

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/
Von Usern fuer User  :-)