[Wine] Gothic 3 - problem with start menu

Hartmut Figge h.figge at gmx.de
Tue Nov 22 03:02:05 CST 2011

Rico:

>As your log shows, wine still uses the builtin d3dx9_36.dll. And your
>setup mostly won't work for dlls which wine ships. You forgot to set
>the dll to native in winecfg (Tab: Libraries) or on the command line
>(e.g. WINEDLLOVERRIDES=d3dx9_36=n

WINEDLLOVERRIDES=d3dx9_36=n wine Gothic3.exe crashes immediately

>, see http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/x258). If you don't
>know how, you might use winetricks to install d3dx9_36.dll, which
>does the steps needed for you.

That's fine for me. winetricks has now a very nice interface. :) The
start menu is now there and Gothic 3 can be started.

Still the issues with the mouse and the sky, so it will be better to
boot into WinXP for playing Gothic 3 for now.

Thanks for helping.

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/