[Wine] World of Warcraft Problem

jett wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 27 14:33:53 CST 2011

My problem started when i upgraded my Video Card from an Nvidia geforce 9500gt to a geforce 210. With the 9500gt i could run all day long with the texture resolution on High and no problems. With the Geforce 210 with Texture Resolution set on anything but low on certain camera angles I will lose the NPC's but turn the camera angle they will come back and move again they will disappear again.

 Also, on anything but low, some parts of my screen will go black on certain camera angles, move the camera angle they will go back to normal. Does anyone else have this problem and if you did how did you correct it. I also run WOW in d3d mode. I prefer the new water effects over the old ones. Framerate is not that much lower than opengl. Here are some screenshots of what it looks like with Texture Resoution on anything but low.

NPC's Disappear! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70882435@N02/6413322115/in/photostream/)

Black Screen! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70882435@N02/6413319477/in/photostream/)

Black Screen! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/70882435@N02/6413318969/in/photostream/)

It doesnt matter where i am at in Kalimdor, Easteren Kingdoms, Outlands or Northrend.  My current Wine Version is 1.3.33. I have tried other versions of wine as well and it does this on them as well. Does anyone else have this problem and if you did how did you correct it. I also run WOW in d3d mode. I prefer the new water effects over the old ones. Framerate is not that much lower then opengl.

My system specs
Processor (CPU):   AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 545 Processor
Speed:  3,000.00 MHz
Cores:  2
Memory: 4 GB
openSUSE 12.1 (i586)