[Wine] Applications don't seem to start

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:29:45 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:51 AM, numbers1thru9
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Every application I start it displays a starting blahblahblah icon in the taskbar and then it simply goes away without
> giving an error or anything. Is there something I can check or a log that would help me figure out what is going on?
>
> I am running Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit with Wine 1.3.33

Yes, you can try to run your applications from the console/terminal
with the directions provided in the Wine FAQ at
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

I suspect you will find that your video drivers will need to be
re-installed or they cannot support features/functions required by
Wine.

James