[Wine] Re: Using Wine across distros with symlink

Fred2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 30 20:16:32 CST 2011

I use a similar technique to access the same wine programs from different wine prefixes (I only need to have different registries). I do this because I have several GB of wine programs that I don't want to copy into new prefixes.
However it's on your own risk. If a wine installation in one distro has a different version and updates the windows system files, it could theoretically break it from working in the other distros.