[Wine] Problem with software installation - Panasonic Camcorder

Ernest Doub hideserted at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:07:25 CDT 2011

All of the camera driver files are .exe files.  They all display the
wine icon when the directory is opened.  Attempting to install one
gives the following message:

The file '/media/PANASONIC/USB_Driver/Video/setup.exe' is not marked
as executable.  If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted
source, it may be dangerous to run.  For more details, read about the
executable bit.

I have tried to flip the executable toggle through the GUI but it will
not stay flipped.
I can find lots of information describing the executable bit and how
it provides security but no information on how to take control of it.
ED

--
Accidental deaths by firearms account for less than 1% of the 30,000.
There are three times as many medical mistake deaths in the US than