[Wine] Wine on Tiger

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Sun Oct 2 21:13:19 CDT 2011

On Oct 2, 2011, at 7:14 PM, mrivera wrote:

> Last login: Sat Oct  1 17:56:50 on console
> Welcome to Darwin!
> michael-riveras-computer:~ michaelrivera$ cd desktop
> michael-riveras-computer:~/desktop michaelrivera$ ls
> WINQSB                  runtime.exe             winqsb.exe
> WINQSB.rar              wine-1.3.29
> arena.zip               wine-1.3.29.tar.bz2
> michael-riveras-computer:~/desktop michaelrivera$ cd "wine-1.3.29"
> michael-riveras-computer:~/desktop/wine-1.3.29 michaelrivera$ patch -p1 <patchfile.txt
> patching file tools/winegcc/winegcc.c
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> michael-riveras-computer:~/desktop/wine-1.3.29 michaelrivera$ patch -p1 <patchfile.txt
> patching file tools/winegcc/winegcc.c
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
> Apply anyway? [n] n
> Skipping patch.
> 3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file tools/winegcc/winegcc.c.rej
That means the patch was successfully applied. (To avoid that error, by the way, the patch file needs to end in a blank line. TextEdit will not do this for you.) In any case, try building Wine now. The error you saw last time you tried building it should be gone. If this works, I'll try to get this patch merged into Wine from Git (so hopefully from Wine 1.3.30 beyond you won't have to patch it like this again).

Chip