[Wine] Traveller Heaven and Earth - Runtime error 481

djtmc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 3 14:43:43 CDT 2011

I'm trying to get 'Heaven and Earth' running, but it gives me an error

Run-time error '481':
Invalid picture

The program is available for download from http://www.downport.com/wbd/HEAVEN_&_EARTH.htm

Installation is not straightforward - you need to unpack, configure Wine to run as Win98 in an emulated desktop, install and finally unpack and manually register mfc42.dll, unpack msvcrt.dll and copy the file TWISTEDPIXEL.OC_ from the downloaded zip file into the wine install directory, rename it to TWISTEDPIXEL.OCX and manually register it.

When you run the program, click on 'Random UWP' and then 'OK'.  You get a dialog saying that the system is about to be generated, click 'OK' and the program generates the system, then crashes with the above error.

Ubuntu 10.04
Wine 1.3.28
Full terminal output at http://pastebin.com/5WJAXt7S

Any ideas much appreciated.