[Wine] Re: Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

BlackNoxis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 4 11:04:32 CDT 2011

JontomXire wrote:
> Kubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit.
>
> Whatever kernel comes with Kubuntu 10.04 LTS.
>
> Custom built system (AMD Phenom II quad core 3.3Ghx processor, 8Gb RAM, twin SLI linked NVidia 7600 GS graphics cards).

You may want to costum your kernel in other to achieve more performance, but if you're just learning linux, I wouldn't advise.
So another advise would be changing the priority of the wow.exe with task manager to high priority or realistic, so all background processes are second in priority whatever those are.
Check with wine-doors if you have all the libraries installed for gaming performance,  just check if you have some progs installed there related to gaming and performance