[Wine] Wine doesn't start - Something X-Related

dramaturg76 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 5 08:19:08 CDT 2011

Hello,

For work I need a large DB once or twice a month and I installed a Ubuntu-Server 64bit box headless and put the Windows-Software there. I thought that I would VNC into it, when I need it.

But if I run Wine after installation I got this error:

Code:
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
X Error of failed request:  XF86VidModeExtensionDisabled
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines)
  Serial number of failed request:  81
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
X Error of failed request:  XF86VidModeExtensionDisabled
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines)
  Serial number of failed request:  81

I really would like to use Wine, but it seems it does not start =( Any suggestions?