[Wine] Re: Need HELP with RHEL 5.5 64bit

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 6 02:30:34 CDT 2011

Does this help any?:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/yum-downloadonly-plugin/

You can go to a Red Hat machine that does have Internet access, install the "downloadonly" yum plugin, and tell yum to download the dependencies to a folder on your thumb drive.

My hope is that, you can do something like "sudo yum-builddep --downloaddir=[path to folder on thumb drive] wine1.3". But I don't know if the plugin applies to yum-builddep, a separate program than yum.

Then you can install these rpm packages off your thumb drive and onto the computer you are trying to install WINE onto.

You could use the Wine dependency installer bash script as a guide if you have to: http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install-wine-deps.sh

If the script works with RHEL, you could edit the script, appending "--downloaddir=[path to thumb drive]" where needed.

Cheers,
Jake

Cheers,
Jake