[Wine] No sound playing Tom Clancy's HAWX

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Fri Oct 7 09:22:18 CDT 2011

On 10/07/2011 10:13 AM, gamerboy wrote:
> Code:
> $ wine --version
> wine-1.3.12

There have been many changes to sound in Wine since version 1.3.26, it
may be worth trying a newer version. In either version various things to
try:

remove pulseaudio if your system is using it.

In winecfg  (Code: winecfg) check the Audio tab, set Hardware
Acceleration to Full and default sample rate to 44100.

In the winecfg Libraries tab add an override for openal32 (native,
builtin) - this one may only matter with wine version 1.3.26 or newer.

I have no clue if any of those will help in your game, they are things
others suggested that helped me get sound working in various games.