[Wine] No sound playing Tom Clancy's HAWX

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sat Oct 8 09:25:25 CDT 2011

On 10/08/2011 10:01 AM, gamerboy wrote:
> tparker wrote:
>> wine-gecko 1.3-19.1(1.3-18.2)
>
> You have mentioned 2 2 versions. Which one is installed ?

What I typed is exactly what the line says. I start up YAST, click the
repositories tab, then in the box on the left of the screen I click on
the wine repo (in the list in that box). This puts the available files
in the box on the right with the installed files at the top of the list.
Those installed files are what I put in my previous post, exactly as
they are shown. I didn't have a way to do color tags - the (1.3-18.2)
part of that line is in red text instead of black, if knowing that is
helpful, but I do not know what that means.

I noticed in one of your screenshots from YAST that you had an option
"do not install wine-snapshot-1.3.29.20111007-1.1.x86_64".  Are you
trying to run 64 bit Wine or 32 bit? I don't think many, if any, games
do well in 64 bit Wine yet.

If install through YAST isn't working maybe try zypper. From command
line type:

sudo zypper install wine

If you are using 64 bit OS you may need to clarify that install somehow
to be sure you get 32 bit wine. I'm in 32 bit so I'm not sure of the
tags or alternate file name you would need.

That should either work, or give you a more specific error message we
can work with to help you find the problem.