[Wine] Run World Of Warcraft on Wine?

Saint.Laurence wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 13 07:03:24 CDT 2011

Hello,

Since I've used Ubuntu 10.10 and had recently been upgraded to 11.04 I have seen various changes, but the one thing that concerns me is because the fact that every time I try to install World of Warcraft onto my laptop it seems that the Start-up screen (Usually before you hit the Play button). there are gray lines around the sides and the game itself doesn't play as well in Windows 7 (Which came pre-installed on my laptop) it had worked fine and I know Battle.net will not be coming out with a Linux version of World of Warcraft, since I have emailed them about the problem. Anyways back to the problem whenever I try playing the game it just isn't smooth, And I checked out some videos on how to run World of Warcraft smoothly in Ubuntu 11.04 (11.10 is coming out today),  And I found these videos where people are able to run it without problems at all and they said to run it in OpenGL? not sure how to do that? Also which Wine version should I be using?

Thank, Saint.Laurence