[Wine] problems installing wine 1.3.24/sketchup 8/on fedora 15

onewaydave wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 13 09:40:25 CDT 2011

I am trying to install wine (1.3.24) from winehq for fedora and sketchup (8) on a Fedora-15 box.  I have tried to  follow the Sketchup Sage site http://sites.google.com/site/sketchupsage/problems/linux

After installing Wine and Sketchup, I have “Wine Files” under the new GNOME-3 Applications and when I open it I get what looks like a Windows window.  No Sketchup in there.

I have 2 Sketchup icons on the desktop.  One that looks like the windows Sketchup icon, that when clicked, flashes a white screen for a fraction of a second and then does nothing.  The “Google Sketchup 8.lnk” icon does nothing that I can tell.

If I go to a terminal, and enter $wine sketchup, I am told that;

 wine: cannot find L“C:\\windows\\system32\\sketchup.exe”

Sketchup is in /home/dgw/.wine/c_drive/Program Files (x86)/Google/Sketchup8

I have installed winetricks and installed the windows dlls

I think I have looked pretty hard for answers but only find old references for problems.  SU 6 or 7 and wine 1.1.x  So I think I'm an outlier here for problems with this.  I just haven't come up with any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Any help or wuggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.