[Wine] Ys Origin killed by update

Jenia wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 13 13:27:48 CDT 2011

Having installed this (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=5000) little jewel, I proceed to test it.
Version 1.0.0.0 works "as advertised", getting into the title screen just fine.
As soon as I update to version 1.1.0.0 however, wine keeps giving me a crash dialog when I try to run it...

LINK TO PASTEBIN OF CONSOLE OUTPUT (http://pastebin.com/HAGKYc66)
(the above one is from a wine which beyond winetricks allfonts and installation of this game is clean, on wine version 1.3.29)

Originally I tried this using WINE 1.2.3 using a wineprefix with loads of winetricks stuff installed, so I thought that might be an issue. I tried creating a clean one. No change. Tried upgrading to latest dev version. No change.
I thought the patch itself might be corrupt or something, so I tried both running the very same files on windows vista (on which it worked) and patching from a different source (leads to crashdialogue with same error).

If recent ratings on the AppDB are any indication, this game should work like a charm with the update. Surely I've missed something?

My OS is Linux Mint 10 32bit if that matters.