[Wine] Re: printer doesn't work under wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 13 20:28:43 CDT 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:

> Wine prints through CUPS. It expects CUPS to be available as an internet
> printer, rather than using the 'lpr' interface. However, most distros
> only enable the lpr interface by default and block internet printing.
> So, to make CUPS available to Wine, you have to enable Internet
> printing. Do the following by using your distro's  Print Server
> configuration tool:
> - enable 'Publish shared printers connected to this system'
> - enable 'Allow printing from the internet'

I know you've said this before, and I'm sure you had to do that for your system, but it is by no means necessary for all setups. Printing from Wine has always worked just fine out-of-the box for me, and CUPS is NOT set to either publish shared printers or allow printing from the internet. IMO, this is the case for most users, or we would see far more questions here about printing than we do.