[Wine] Re: Terrible FPS on Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)

Xruptor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 16 08:11:48 CDT 2011

I really wish this forum had an edit button for posts....

Anyways I forgot to mention that I don't know how to properly run all these wine tests that people are forwarding me to.  What I mean by that is that LOTRO requires a launcher before the client is launched.

Therefore the majority of these tests require you to specify the executable to log.  The problem is that it's logging the launcher and now the client that follows.  Example, LOTRO needs PyLOTRO or you can use the default launcher that comes with LOTRO (IF it works lol).  When you put the exe for the launcher your only really logging it.  You need to put your username and password to access the client.  If I try to specify the client exe itself it gives an error stating you need to use the launcher.

Therefore, I don't know how to properly run the tests on the client to see where is the performance issues I'm experiencing.

It's good to know that I'm not that only one as there are a couple of people on the LOTRO appDB section that are having the same issue.