[Wine] Re: Functionality with SetWindowsHookEx WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK

raja_s_patil wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 17 10:30:32 CDT 2011

Thanks Paul Romanyszyn,

Paul Romanyszyn wrote:

> Try with a newer wine as 1.2 is very old.

We tried with Latest Wine From WineHQ repositories but application had
lot problems in startup it self as well we were not able to run it properly.
so we reverted back to Kubuntu repository wine which we found to be
working in all respect except this functionality.

Paul Romanyszyn wrote:

> Also it may be possible to port the app to linux using
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_For_Delphi_Users
> Paul R.

Yes its an option but it will invite lot of work since we have not tries Lazarus. We know that it will be beneficial in long run but at this moment
time is constraint and project dead line is very short. Well your suggestion
is well taken and we will take up ride with Lazarus as soon as this project
is over and port the application to it so that it will run natively on Linux.

Anyways If there is any other suggestion its welcome.

Thanks and warm regards

Raja