[Wine] Saving M$- Word document takes 3 minutes

Dreiel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 18 09:48:58 CDT 2011

Hi all,

System: OpenSUSE 11.4. I have a NFS mount (options were inserted by YaST):

I have all applications use this mount for data, including Thunderbird's .thunderbird directory soft linked to it. They all work happily over a 802.11bgn mixed mode. The workstation is on a the LAN of a TLink with 802.11n mode and with a WDS connection to the other TLink. All applications work instantaneously with saving and loading data over this WLan. Saving the M$ document on the Wine bootle Desktop is also instantaneous.

I installed M$-Word 2003 with wine-1.3.12 (with recommended Vista bottle) on opensuse 11.4, with all the latest updates. When I save a document, it takes 3 minutes before I can work on the document again. Is there something wrong with the mount or the Wine config? The NFS mount works for all other apps, but not so well for Wine with Word.

Is it a Wine issue?

Dreiel