[Wine] Re: Functionality with SetWindowsHookEx WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK

raja_s_patil wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 19 11:28:15 CDT 2011

DanKegel wrote:
> It's hard to help when you're on an old version of wine.
>
> Can you find the most recent version of wine that lets your
> app start up properly?  Knowing which change to wine broke
> your app will help us find a fix.
> (See also http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting )
>
> Another long-shot idea:
> try running reactos in virtualbox and seeing if it runs your app.

Well I use Kubuntu 10.04 LTS and update it weekly. Wine 1.2.2Obuntu2 is the latest wine available in repositories. I tried to use latest one from Wine repositories but it gives lots of problems even for few windows application already running with Kubuntu wine. so I reverted back to Default repositories.

The application runs with VMware since I develop in Delphi VM and test there itself. I dont use any windows machine for development. This functionality is working Fine there without any problems.

I guess since setWindowsHookEx is using system wide hook and there is no real Windows running in wine it might not be able to function as expected, experts are welcome to comment on this guess.

Thanks and warm regards.

Raja