[Wine] LOTRO game patch fails, wine 1.3.30

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Oct 20 15:08:37 CDT 2011

Trying to grab a very small required patch for Lord of the Rings Online
using PyLotRO. The game has been playing fine in Wine 1.3.30 but this is
the first time I have patched in this version. When using terminal I get:

fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32e64c
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10074, (nil)): stub
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32af24
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW
INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 180000
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't
know what to do!
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW
INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 180000
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW
INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 180000
err:wininet:HTTP_HttpOpenRequestW Unable to escape
string!(L"/lotro/patch/1110171010/all/de/LOTRO TOS.rtf") (-2147467261)
fixme:wininet:URLCache_FindFirstFreeEntry Grow file
err:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal no free entries
err:wininet:HTTP_HttpOpenRequestW Unable to escape
string!(L"/lotro/patch/1110171010/all/de/LOTRO TOS.rtf") (-2147467261)
fixme:wininet:URLCache_FindFirstFreeEntry Grow file
err:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal no free entries
fixme:wininet:URLCache_FindFirstFreeEntry Grow file
err:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal no free entries
fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x33f6dc 0x0 stub
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x325b98
^Cfixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 2a on event 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"PyLotRO\build\pyi.win32\pylotro\outPYZ1.pyz/PyLotROLauncher.PatchWindow",
line 219, in btnStartClicked

My log in to the game works fine, it connects to their servers, but it
will not continue into the game because, without the patch, my client
counts as out of date. I'm hoping the problem is in the above
information, I just don't know enough yet to see it.