[Wine] WHY IS WINE SO BROKEN!!?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sun Oct 23 12:31:37 CDT 2011

http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting

> I have no idea if wine is using the winepulse driver, like I said everything is at defaults and when I goto test the sound, winecfg crashes and closes.

If you suspect a pulseaudio issue the test for that would be to remove
all of pulseaudio from your OS install, reboot the computer or restart
any running sound systems, and then retry the program through Wine.

> How can you say that it isn't a WINE issue? The 1.3.29 DAILY ppa, labelled as that yet it is 1.3.30? It's not a package manager problem as my package manager is fine, and I've tried everything to install a downgraded version of WINE from here. So yes. It is a WINE issue!!!

Packages for the various distributions are handled by volunteers that
are not all necessarily part of the overall Wine dev team. If there is a
problem with a particular distro's package the place to have it fixed is
through whoever makes that package or adds it to the distro's
repositories. your package manager program may be working as it is
supposed to but the package in it for Wine may be broken.