[Wine] PowerPoint + video problem

Aleksey_R wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 24 16:33:38 CDT 2011

Greetings, gentlemen.

I'm trying to make videos play in PowerPoint 2007. I've installed Windows Media Player via winetricks.

When I add video into PowerPoint, only sound plays.

I tried to install K-Lite Codec pack. In WMP some videos were playing OK, however  PowerPoint crashed during video insertion into presentation.

When I removed K-Lite, PowerPoint crashes no more but again I can hear only sound both in WMP and in PowerPoint.

Has someone successful experience of playing videos in PowerPoint 2007? If yes, what have you installed and what overrides have you made?

Best regards, Aleksey.