[Wine] Wine recognizes GeForce GTX 560 as GeForce 8300GS

Lauri wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 25 09:59:29 CDT 2011

Pretty much all  games and steam recognize my graphics card as GeForce 83000GS.  I think this causes games to run slowly and even freeze/crash when i try to set graphic details to high. Setting VideoMemorySize from registry to the correct amount doesn't help at all. Also setting VideoPciDeviceID and VideoPciVendorID makes things even worse because then it's detected as Direct3D HAL.

Is there any way to get wine to detect my video card properly or is this a bug in wine?