[Wine] Re: Update Broke Rosetta Stone

starkid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 25 16:42:13 CDT 2011

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I got RS working in the latest wine by reinstalling (to .wine folder), and now it will not recognize the language CDs, which I have mounted as ISOs. I've tried placing the files in a folder in /home/user, adding the folder to Drive Mappings via winecfg, and selecting CDROM. I tried this with several different folders, tried changing the file names to uppercase, tried mapping the folder to several different drives, tried restarting RS to make sure the drive was detected.

The weird thing is that I had saved my settings from my previous RS installation, and copied this folder (/home/user/.wine/wineprefixes/RosettaStone/drive_c/users/Public/Application Data/Rosetta Stone) in place of the empty one from the new installation. The installed languages should still be in there, as far as I know.