[Wine] Re: Getting started with porting to Mac OSX

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 27 07:12:10 CDT 2011

Wine directly runs Windows apps.  Since its yet to be perfected, it may help to modify your source code some to make sure it works with Wine 100%, but that all depends on your program and what it uses.

Wine itself isn't a porting tool... in that it doesn't make Mac versions of programs.  It is just a way to run Windows programs without Windows.

You may want to look at Winelib (which I am no expert on) which is more of a porting tool part of Wine.
http://www.winehq.org/docs/winelib-guide/index

For the Mac, you may want to look at Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) (which is my own project) which I design around actually making a finished and distributable Mac app.  This doesn't use Winelib, but normal Wine.  Its a bundled up app with everything needed to run the Windows program installed into it.