[Wine] Re: Wine recognizes GeForce GTX 560 as GeForce 8300GS

claudio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 30 04:54:42 CDT 2011

Lauri wrote:

> Like I said in my first post setting VideoPciDeviceID to 1201 doesn't help because then the video card is detected as Direct3D HAL. But I downloaded wine 1.3.31 source and added the info for GTX560 to directx.c and wined3d_private.h and compiled it. Now the video card gets detected properly. Oh well, if I had just waited for a bit I could have used your patch.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Happy it worked! The registry override should have worked, but evidently something else does go wrong in wine.
As I suggested earlier, I think there might be a problem with the order things happen, as some of the quirks are applied based on the guessed deviceid/vendorid, before the values are overridden by the registry entries.