[Wine] Recurring error

Senoshu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 09:10:41 CDT 2011

I'm very new to wine and haven't really had much experience with working programs like it in the past so I'm not very good with solving problems that arise in it. However after looking through the faq and scanning the forum a bit I still haven't found a straightforward answer of how to deal with this. I'm running Max os X 10.6.8 and wine seems to have installed and I did run an update in which it said it was updated but everytime I try to run a .exe installation for a game this happens:

"Log file is being written to C:\users\ianhines\Temp\LeagueofLegends.exe.log
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1760 bytes in thread 0026 eip 7bc3081c esp 02cd0c50 stack 0x2cd0000-0x2cd1000-0x2ed0000"

This is accompanied by a window of the installation opening that is graphically barely there. I'm lucky if any buttons show up ect. and most of it is a white screen. I've tried this with League of Legends and Dragon's Nest. As I said I'm new to all this stuff so answers that involve a fair amount of no-how with the program ect won't help me much. If there is a simple fix please let me know and if not likewise. Thank you.