[Wine] Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:09:45 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:02 AM, oiaohm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> MacNean Tyrrell You might be walking into a trap.
>
> Setting emulation in winecfg does not happen instanty.
>
> wineserver -k is require after winecfg to get the new audio state loaded.
>
> Yes I have had people be caught that after a reboot they are in emulation
> then change to full have it work and think the setting was full when it
> worked.
>
> Its a evil binary lock that can get you.

Yes Ok I see what your saying.  However, still running emulation set, I
loose sound after tabbing, after a few minutes, sometimes sound won't even
play when the  game/application starts.  Under sound
preferences->applications, it does load a Alsa-Plugin[wine-preloader] for
each application/game that wants sound, but no sound coming out of the
headphones/speakers, either right away, after tabbing, or after a few
minutes.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell