[Wine] Re: Problems with activex

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 14:54:53 CDT 2011

Thank you very much chootia! That was the last missing ingredient to getting ChemDraw 12 to work! I hope to post a test result in the AppDB when I have time. (I'm in college now.) It was basically this: copy over msvbvm60.dll, install ie8 via winetricks, do chootia's procedure in wine cmd using "wineboot" for the restarts (many fail, but it worked anyways in the end), run the installer, run the now extracted msi via WINE's msiexec, run ChemDraw.exe! Save a file, and now anytime you double-click to open a cdx, it automatically opens ChemDraw, even if it is in a non-default prefix! At least it did that for me in Linux Mint 11 with Gnome, WINE 1.3.26.

Yippee!

Jake