[Wine] Re: Native mp3 playback winemp3.acm/l3codeca.acm regression?

joki wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 14:57:56 CDT 2011

dimesio wrote:

> Not working with native overrides is not a Wine bug. That workaround you are using is for a broken Wine install (lacks libmpg123 and/or winemp3.acm). The real solution is to fix your Wine install. If your distro doesn't provide winemp3.acm in their packages, build it yourself.

Thanks for quick reply. Are you saying FAQ 6.11.4 needs updating as it's no longer relevant for 1.2.2 and above?
Puppy, slackware slax offcial pkgs all no longer work in 1.2.3.
If the 'l3codeca' workaround can be put back in then that's surely better than users having to build wine.

And re the dev line 1.3.x - ACM/WMP works (using libmpg123, not the workaround , i.e. l3codeca.acm not installed), however the reported elapsed time is around 1.5sec per 1 second of actual time.

Anyway, i'm happy with v1.2 for now as i have found a way to continue using it with the app which caused me to seek the wine upgrade in the first place.

Thanks, J