[Wine] Re: Native mp3 playback winemp3.acm/l3codeca.acm regression?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 16:48:44 CDT 2011

[quote="joki"]
dimesio wrote:
> Are you saying FAQ 6.11.4 needs updating as it's no longer relevant for 1.2.2 and above?
> Puppy, slackware slax offcial pkgs all no longer work in 1.2.3.
> If the 'l3codeca' workaround can be put back in then that's surely better than users having to build wine.

I just tested the workaround in 1.3.27 and it still works fine. What I think is that you don't actually understand the purpose of the workaround, because what you have been saying is contradictory. If WMP works in Wine for you without the workaround, as you say it does, then you didn't need it in the first place.

As for the stable releases, bugs in 1.2.x versions of Wine only matter if they are still present in the current development release. You say this is not the case, so there is no bug to report.

> And re the dev line 1.3.x - ACM/WMP works (using libmpg123, not the workaround , i.e. l3codeca.acm not installed), however the reported elapsed time is around 1.5sec per 1 second of actual time.

WMP installs l3codeca.acm. I think what you mean is without an override for winemp3.acm. If this happens in a clean wineprefix (no other overrides, either), file a bug.