[Wine] Re: Recurring error

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 23:47:42 CDT 2011

Senoshu wrote:
> ...everytime I try to run a .exe installation for a game this happens:
>
> "Log file is being written to C:\users\ianhines\Temp\LeagueofLegends.exe.log
> err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1760 bytes in thread 0026 eip 7bc3081c esp 02cd0c50 stack 0x2cd0000-0x2cd1000-0x2ed0000"
>
> This is accompanied by a window of the installation opening that is graphically barely there. I'm lucky if any buttons show up ect. and most of it is a white screen. I've tried this with League of Legends and Dragon's Nest.

The simple answer is: check Wine's AppDB first; if the program is listed
as garbage there, don't expect it to work in Wine.

League of Legends:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19141

Dragon Nest:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=13212

Both are rated Garbage, so Wine can't run them (yet).