[Wine] Re: Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 3 01:48:45 CDT 2011

There is a particular reason for setting emulation. MacNean Tyrrell

To prevent wine from calling real-time features of alsa.  That pulseaudio simply does not support.  Full tells wine to use every feature alsa offers.

This is why I am saying emulation if emulation mode does not work then we have something to worry about.

If full fails could be simply using features pulseaudio does not support very well at wrong times leading to sound failure.  So we don't bother debugging full on anything bar standard alsa.