[Wine] Re: Forum Software Update and mailing list gateway

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 3 21:48:32 CDT 2011

jorl17 wrote:

> The question boils down to this:
> During that time, was there a noticeable increase of difficulty in terms of solving threads? In other words: did the lack of support from the mailing list visibly affect the "help"?

No. And for the record, I have read every single new post on the forum every day since I joined in 2008.  The forum says I have made 3624 posts during that time That's a distant second to vitamin's 6087. Neither one of us is on the mailing list.

> It just doesn't feel right to me to cut off the option of accessing this joint discussion through another "gateway"

Nothing says you couldn't subscribe to both if they were split.

IRC is completely separate from both the forum and mailing list; that doesn't seem to bother anybody.